Traffic Control Course TRAFFIC theory
For people wishing to control traffic on public and private roads, this is the course for you. Learn to use the stop-slow bat and implement a traffic management plan while ensuring traffic flow is maintained and the safety of the public and workers is minimised. This is ideal knowledge and skills for the protection of construction sites, workers and the general public.
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
During this theory course you will cover many areas such as, but not limited to:
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Traffic management plans
- Traffic control signage and barricades
- Basic signalling
- Signs and devices
- Radio operations
- State and territory traffic management legislation
- Potential hazards
- Equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Effects of travel speed and vehicle mass on stopping distances
- JSAs/Safe work method statement
Refresher training is available. We aim at getting you Job ready!
Photo ID is required: You will be required to present photo ID on the day of training.
PLEASE NOTE: The course fee of $220 is an online prepay discount offer only. If you wish to enrol and pay on the day the cost of the course will be $250 (if spaces are available).
To complete this qualification you will be required to participate in three (3) live traffic projects, one involving construction vehicles. Our course includes a practical training workshop, giving you ‘On Road’ experience increasing your employment opportunities.
After the theory portion of the course you can either complete this through work experience with a traffic control company or with iAscend at our Practical Training facility.
This practical session is a separate session with a course fee of $150. It will allow you to gain invaluable practical experience before starting in the workforce.
Practical sessions can be booked on the day of your class.
White Card (Construction Induction) CIC
Previously known as the Red or White Card, this course includes skills and knowledge required to work safely in the Construction Industry.
- CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the Construction Industry
During this course you will cover many areas such as, but not limited to:
- Relevant Legislation and Industry Regulations
- Construction Hazards and Control Measures
- OHS Communications, Information and Reporting Methods
- OHS Incident Response Procedures
Once your training has been completed, your details are uploaded to WorkSafe Victoria, where they will also issue you a Construction Induction Card.
PLEASE NOTE: The course fee of $200 is an online prepay discount offer only. If you wish to enrol and pay on the day the cost of the course will be $220 (if spaces are available).
Traffic Control Practical Class Traffic Practical
You MUST have completed the THEORY components before booking in for this class.
Contact us for more information at 1300 368 883.